Hi,

I have made a fresh install on Ubuntu Server 9.10 (up to date with
safe-upgrade).
Installed the Collection from latest repositories, used CGI method to
use the mwlib BUT can not Download the PDF.
If I rename 'output.rl' file to 'output.pdf' in MW CACHE folder I see
expected result properly rendered.

the mwlib.cgi.log just gives:

2010-04-23T17:14:56 mwlib.serve.info >> render_status 67e7d299a70950dc
rl
2010-04-23T17:14:56 mwlib.serve.info >> download 67e7d299a70950dc rl

and nothing hapens in IE or Firefox.

The PHP is 5.2.10.dfsg.1-2ubuntu6.4.

Is this because of the same bug?
Can it be solved without the upgrade of the PHP.

I am also attaching notes of the Installation procedure:

MWLIB
--
sudo aptitude install g++ perl python python-dev python-setuptools
python-imaging

-
am...@rramwsr:~/Downloads/MediaWiki/extensions$ sudo easy_install
mwlib && rehash
Searching for mwlib
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/mwlib/
Reading http://code.pediapress.com/
Best match: mwlib 0.12.12
Downloading
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/m/mwlib/mwlib-0.12.12.tar.gz#md5=3b13d173f91ad70283fe2799e70905aa
Processing mwlib-0.12.12.tar.gz
-

--
MWLIB.RL
--

BUILD TeXVC
cd /home/amwsr/Downloads/

sudo easy_install mwlib.rl
-
Searching for mwlib.rl
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/mwlib.rl/
Reading http://code.pediapress.com/
Best match: mwlib.rl 0.12.4
Downloading
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/m/mwlib.rl/mwlib.rl-0.12.4.tar.gz#md5=26673a4cc859e020015e139fb0a5b12c
Processing mwlib.rl-0.12.4.tar.gz
-

--
TOC - Install tables of contents for mwlib.rl
--

This will a visible TOC in the beginning of the book if installed
(nothing else to do, mwlib.rl will detect this library).

--
TEST:
--
mw-render --list-writers
-
am...@rramwsr:~/Downloads$  mw-render --list-writers
xhtml   XHTML 1.0 Transitional
odf     OpenDocument Text
docbook <NOT LOADABLE: No module named lxml>
font not found: ttf-sil-ezra/SILEOT.ttf
font not found: arphic/uming.ttc
font not found: ttf-farsiweb/nazli.ttf
font not found: unfonts/UnBatang.ttf
font not found: ttf-thai-arundina/ArundinaSans.ttf
font not found: ttf-telugu-fonts/lohit_te.ttf
font not found: ttf-devanagari-fonts/Sarai_07.ttf
font not found: ttf-indic-fonts-core/lohit_pa.ttf
font not found: ttf-oriya-fonts/lohit_or.ttf
font not found: ttf-malayalam-fonts/AnjaliOldLipi.ttf
font not found: ttf-kannada-fonts/Kedage-n.ttf
font not found: ttf-bengali-fonts/LikhanNormal.ttf
font not found: ttf-indic-fonts-core/lohit_ta.ttf
rl      PDF documents (using ReportLab)
-

OPCIJSKO: Install extra fonts - NOT NEEDED
sudo aptitude install ttf-indic-fonts ttf-unfonts ttf-farsiweb ttf-
arphic-uming ttf-gfs-artemisia ttf-sil-ezra ttf-thai-arundina linux-
libertine
In file fontconfig.py

 font_paths = [os.path.dirname(mwlib.fonts.__file__),
              os.path.expanduser('~/mwlibfonts/')
             ]

This under the assumption that the fonts are in the directory
mwlib.rl.hg/mwlib/fonts or ~/mwlibfonts/ of the user that installs or
root if you install as root.

--
Configure styling - MAYBE LATER
--

sudo cp /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/mwlib.rl-0.12.4-
py2.6.egg/mwlib/rl/pdfstyles.py /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/

---
SETUP Apache in mwlib.cgi
---

sudo mkdir /var/cache/mwlib
sudo chown -R apache /var/cache/mwlib/

EDIT mwlib.cgi FROM mwlib source and copy it to cgi-bin dir (e.g. I
made a cgi-bin under mediawiki)

sudo vi /var/lib/mediawiki/cgi-bin/mwlib.cgi

-
#! /usr/bin/env python

"""This is the "CGI equivalent" of mw-serve. Adjust the configuration
variables
below and install this script as CGI script for your web server.
"""

# Configuration:

# Name of logfile or None if log output should go to stderr.
#LOGFILE = None
LOGFILE = '/var/log/mwlib.cgi.log'

# Cache directory. Must be writeable.
CACHE_DIR = '/var/cache/mw-serve/'

# (Path to) mw-render executable.
MWRENDER = 'mw-render'

# Logfile for mw-render.
MWRENDER_LOGFILE = '/var/log/mw-render.log'
#MWRENDER_LOGFILE = None
# (Path to) mw-zip executable.
MWZIP = 'mw-zip'

# Logfile for mw-zip.
MWZIP_LOGFILE = '/var/log/mw-zip.log'
#MWZIP_LOGFILE = None
# (Path to) mw-post executable.
MWPOST = 'mw-post'

# Logfile for mw-post.
MWPOST_LOGFILE = '/var/log/mw-post.log'
#MWPOST_LOGFILE = None
# Queue directory for mw-watch or None if no queue should be used
QUEUE_DIR = None
#QUEUE_DIR = '/var/cache/mw-watch/q'

#

import os
import sys

from flup.server.cgi import WSGIServer

from mwlib import serve, utils

if os.name == 'nt':
    import msvcrt
    if hasattr(sys.stdout, 'fileno') and sys.stdout.fileno() >= 0:
        msvcrt.setmode(sys.stdout.fileno(), os.O_BINARY)

if LOGFILE is not None:
    utils.start_logging(LOGFILE, stderr_only=True)

WSGIServer(serve.Application(
    cache_dir=CACHE_DIR,
    mwrender_cmd=MWRENDER,
    mwrender_logfile=MWRENDER_LOGFILE,
    mwzip_cmd=MWZIP,
    mwzip_logfile=MWZIP_LOGFILE,
    mwpost_cmd=MWPOST,
    mwpost_logfile=MWPOST_LOGFILE,
    queue_dir=QUEUE_DIR,
)).run()
-

---
PHP Curl
---

Install php-curl
sudo aptitude install php5-curl
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

---
INSTALL Plugin/Extension Collection
---

First get the latest to the temp dir  /home/amwsr/Downloads/MediaWiki/
extensions

svn co http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Collection/

-
am...@rramwsr:~/Downloads/MediaWiki/extensions$ svn co
http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Collection/
A    Collection/Collection.i18n.php
A    Collection/Collection.php
A    Collection/Collection.suggest.php
A    Collection/Collection.hooks.php
A    Collection/Collection.session.php
A    Collection/images
A    Collection/images/remove.png
A    Collection/images/silk-remove.png
A    Collection/images/silk-accept.png
A    Collection/images/collapse.png
A    Collection/images/disabled.png
A    Collection/images/down.png
A    Collection/images/green-button-back.png
A    Collection/images/Open_book.png
A    Collection/images/silk-book_open.png
A    Collection/images/expand.png
A    Collection/images/show.png
A    Collection/images/red-button-back.png
A    Collection/images/up.png
A    Collection/images/silk-cancel.png
A    Collection/images/trans.png
A    Collection/images/silk-help.png
A    Collection/images/silk-add.png
A    Collection/images/silk-wand.png
A    Collection/CollectionCore.i18n.php
A    Collection/Collection.alias.php
A    Collection/README.txt
A    Collection/collection
A    Collection/js
A    Collection/js/bookcreator.js
A    Collection/js/collection.js
A    Collection/js/jquery.ui.js
A    Collection/js/json2.js
A    Collection/js/jquery.js
A    Collection/js/suggest.js
A    Collection/Collection.body.php
A    Collection/Collection.templates.php
Checked out revision 65460.
-

Copy to MediaWiki

sudo cp -r Collection/ /var/lib/mediawiki/extensions

---
MediaWiki SETUP
---

sudo vi /var/lib/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php

ADD:

# Collections Extension (PDF, ODF export)
require_once("$IP/extensions/Collection/Collection.php");
#$wgCollectionMWServeURL = "http://tools.pediapress.com/mw-serve/";;
$wgCollectionMWServeURL = "http://localhost/wiki/cgi-bin/mwlib.cgi";;
$wgCollectionFormats = array( 'rl' => 'PDF', 'odf' => 'ODT',);
$wgCollectionPortletFormat = array( 'PDF', 'ODT',);