On 4 February 2011 00:36, Martin Renold <martin...@gmx.ch> wrote:
> I'm starting to get somewhat annoyed by reports/requests of stuff that is
> fixed in git.  Let's make a new release!
>
> We also have one data loss bug fixed (bug #17536). It happens only together
> with GIMP; we should really get the fix out.  I think git master is in good
> shape to make a full release, rather than just backporting the critical
> bugfixes.
The behavior changes in device and brush selection handling is fairly
big, but if you think it is good then lets go for it.

> This means we need a short string-freeze, and go through the buglist once
> again, and test a bit more.  Is that okay with everyone?  Are we ready for
> string-freeze now already?  Anyone got changes in the making that we should
> wait for?
Nothing from me.

> Speaking about data loss, this bug would be a nice fix, too:
> https://gna.org/bugs/?17473
Do we have consensus on how to solve this? I've already stated my
opinion in the matter, but do note that resolving it in that matter
would be a (again) fairly significant behavior change.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com