Please use reply-to-all when responding to the email, as I have CC'ed
the mypaint mailinglist. This is so that others can also follow the
conversation.

On 7 March 2011 09:58, point_b hotmail.com <poin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> To Jon
>
> Hi,and thanks for your mail.
> I'm sorry...
> I succeeded in operating my program without mbcs.
> But I failed to operate a program without UTF-8.
> This link is new "PsdToOra" and "OraToPsd".
> http://www.hmx-12.net/nazk/hiyuu/hiyuu.zip
>
> OraToPsd.py is in hiyuu/OraToPsd7/dist
> PsdToOra.py is in hiyuu/PsdToOra7/dist
>

>> - There is no license specified. You need to decide on a license. GPL,
>> LGPL, BSD?
>
> I think it to be good with a license same as MyPaint
> What is the license of MyPaint?
MyPaint is mostly GPLv2+ but the brushlib is LGPLv2.1+.
However, I do not think we should include this in MyPaint itself,  so
you are free to chose whatever license you want.
This is for two reasons: 1) I do not see why we should support PSD
format. If we want to fix interoperation with Photoshop, a OpenRaster
handler for Photoshop should be written (I will do that if someone
sponsors me a license). 2) The code quality is not good enough, I am
having huge troubles understanding what the code does in some places
and that is a maintainance burden I do not want.

>> - OraToPsd seems to work.
>> But the image is uncompressed? (a 50KB .ora turned into a 5.9MB .psd
>> file).
>
> Yes, the image is uncompressed.
> Because it was the second to make a program, I was not able to do it to RLE
> compression.
>>
>> Also, the temporary file was not deleted.
>
> I'm sorry...
> Please tyr new  OraToPsd.py in hiyuu/OraToPsd7/dist
No reason to be sorry, bugs happen :)