Hi Manuel,

thanks for the patch! Pushed with a tiny modification:
     def configure_handler(self, widget, event):
-        self.crop.set_property("x", event.x)
-        self.crop.set_property("y", event.y)

Without it the background was offset by the position of the screen
position of the application window.

Note that here I am still seeing some missing updates to brush strokes
sometimes (line becomes discontinious for a small segment).
It was there before also, and I don't know if the issue is in GEGL,
GEGL-GTK or libmypaint. It becomes correct if something causes a
redraw of the widget/area, which makes me think it is not libmypaint.

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com