Hi all,
as of yesterday the MyPaint brushlib lives in its own repository:
https://gitorious.org/mypaint/libmypaint/

The repository has all the history from the "brushlib" directory in
MyPaint repository.
MyPaint then uses this repository as a git submodule, at the same
location as before.
Until we have this library released and packaged in distributions -
that is the recommended method of using the library in other
applications.

There is currently a very basic build based on scons set up, see the
"SConstruct" file for available options.
Install of the library files is right now missing. We also need to
decide if the MyPaint brushes should also be distributed by the
library.
It is possible to just include "libmypaint.c" into ones own
application build instead of linking. For quick experiments this may
be the easiest way right now.

The "minimal" example is right now broken, but the GEGL backend has
been tested using Gobject introspection from Python
(examples/gegl.py).

Documentation is still TODO. Just ask for any questions :)

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com