Lutz,

I looked at the pthread header file which is, by the way, 52000 lines long :).
It seems that pthread_attr_t and pthread_t are not pointers like in some
other Unixes, but structs of three fields:

struct {
   ....  field1;     /* this is a pointer */
   ....  field2;     /* a short int */
   ....  field3;     /* a short int */
};

Obviously, one cannot cast such a struct to a long integer, and neither
can one pass NULL in place of such a struct. The compilation might
work if you on line 29 of os0thread.c write something like:

   return((os_thread_id_t) (pthread_self()->field1));

and on line 69 replace the NULL parameter with pthread_attr_default

In os0thread.h you should return to the original typedef of os_thread_id_t:

  typedef unsigned long int os_thread_id_t

These are of course just temporary fixes, and I will modify the next
version to adhere to strict Posix definitions.

> >Since threads are not well supported in HP-UX 10.20 I don't have experience
> >with threads. I can send you the thread header files, if you think this
> >might help.
>
> It would help. If you can, please send them to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (especially pthread.h).

>In the meantime sent in private email.

Thank you!

> Sorry, forgot to mention you should delete all .o files in subdirs. Type
> in the innobase directory:
>
> rm ./*/*.o
>
> and only after that do the make.

>Well, I decided for 'find . -name "*.o" | xargs rm' but that did not solve
>my problem. The point is, that for reasons I don't see, the target definitions
>are not propagated into the Makefiles, so there is nothing to be done.
>To be more precise: In the "mysql configured" innobase, the os/Makefile has:
>libos_a_OBJECTS =  os0proc.o os0shm.o os0sync.o os0thread.o os0file.o
>This line (and other lines) are missing in the one for which I called
>automake and autoconf seperately.

>It seems, that for the inclusion into the mysql distribution things have
>been changed.
>(Just like for berkeley-db there is no "make clean" target, so that you
>cannot successfully "make clean" the mysql package anymore.)

Yes, there was a last minute change to the Innobase automake files I was
not aware of. The original ones would have worked :). I can send you
the original automake files I have, but only tomorrow, as I am leaving
for home now. I will also email Tim Smith, our automake expert.

>Do you have a "standalone" version of innobase available that I can test
>independent from the mysql distribution?

Sorry not currently. I do have an old 'standalone' version, but its
interface is very primitive compared to MySQL. I only wrote my own interface
to run the TPC-C benchmark, it has absolutely no conveniences of a
mature product like MySQL. Furthermore, the interface only works in NT.

Best regards,

Heikki