Hi

I have tried to search through your knowledge base however I could not find
anything that specifically addressed an issue I am observing. I am trying to
set up a batch file that will launch the necessary components/services for
my AvantGo 3.4 Server.  I am processing this on an NT 4.0 Workstation, w
128MB RAM, SP 6a.

When I run the following "start" process

:: ********* START AvantGo Server and Related Services
net START MySql
net START "AvantGo Sync Server"
net START "AvantGo Admin Server"

I get:

E:\Rich_F\Rich_Repository\Software\IBI\BatchProgs>net START MySql
The MySql service is starting.
The MySql service was started successfully.

E:\Rich_F\Rich_Repository\Software\IBI\BatchProgs>net START "AvantGo Sync
Server"
The AvantGo Sync Server service is starting.
The AvantGo Sync Server service was started successfully.

E:\Rich_F\Rich_Repository\Software\IBI\BatchProgs>net START "AvantGo Admin
Server"
The AvantGo Admin Server service is starting..
The AvantGo Admin Server service was started successfully.

However when I run the following "stop" process

:: ********* STOP AvantGo Server and Related Services
net STOP MySql
net STOP "AvantGo Sync Server"
net STOP "AvantGo Admin Server"

(NOTE: I have also tried putting the stop MySql after the other 2 and same
error)

I get:

E:\Rich_F\Rich_Repository\Software\IBI\BatchProgs>net STOP MySql
The MySql service is stopping.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

The MySql service was stopped successfully.

E:\Rich_F\Rich_Repository\Software\IBI\BatchProgs>net STOP "AvantGo Sync
Server"
The AvantGo Sync Server service is stopping.
The AvantGo Sync Server service was stopped successfully.

E:\Rich_F\Rich_Repository\Software\IBI\BatchProgs>net STOP "AvantGo Admin
Server"
The AvantGo Admin Server service is stopping..
The AvantGo Admin Server service was stopped successfully.

The "mysql.err" log files shows:
(NOTE: the list of "Forcing close of thread nn user. 'sync' " goes up to
thread 60 but I have just pasted the last several lines)

010514 19:11:00  MySql: Forcing close of thread 4  user: 'sync'

010514 19:11:00  MySql: Forcing close of thread 3  user: 'sync'

010514 19:11:00  MySql: Forcing close of thread 2  user: 'sync'

010514 19:11:00  MySql: Forcing close of thread 1  user: 'sync'

010514 19:11:00  MySql: Shutdown Complete

MySql: ready for connections
010514 19:16:53  MySql: Normal shutdown

010514 19:16:53  MySql: Shutdown Complete

        Rich
Richard D. Ferrante
Information Builders Federal Systems Group
2300 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 800, Arlington, VA  22201

Ph. (703) 276-9006 x2208 - Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.informationbuilders.com/