On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Daevid Vincent <dae...@daevid.com> wrote:

> So why mySQL is putting back ticks in there even though I didn't,

Because it doesn't save your original statements, but recreates an
appropriate set from the grant tables.

> and more importantly why doesn't the second line say:

Because it's easier to get the password and the connect privilege out of the
way in the first line, and then methodically work down through all the other
privileges. The statements still do exactly what you asked for, they're just
easier to generate in that way.

--
Celsius is based on water temperature.
Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.