Hello Lars,

On 1/21/2018 3:37 PM, Lars Nielsen wrote:
Hi,
I have a system that uses begin and commit transactions. It works like a dream!
;)
Now I want to test it by creating test data. This how ever cannot be rolled
back. I think the solution for rolling back test data is to use savepoints and
rollback. I think it is hard to find examples of this scenario. Are there some
good guides or tutorials out there somewhere? Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards
Lars Nielsen

Can you mock up an example (a simple text walkthrough) of how you think a savepoint should work with what you are calling "test data" ? I think that the term "test data" is too general to make much sense to most of us in the context you described.

Yours,
--
Shawn Green
Oracle USA, Inc. - Integrated Cloud Applications & Platform Services

Become certified in MySQL! Visit https://www.mysql.com/certification/ for details.