Ron,

Ronnie wrote in message ...
>--Boundary_(ID_3Wgj3oHvYWg449KlsCktkA)
>
>Hi everyone,
>
>SQL
>

> Iv'e been on innodb.com trying to find out the largest "ibdata" file size
>acceptable to my system "RH Linux 7.2", at one part it states "data and log
>files must be < 2GB", depending on the OS.
>
> I specified 10000M as the size for "ibdata", current "ibdata" size
reflects1.8G.

>     Does innodb build on that 1.8G to a max of 10G, or RH Linux 7.2 only
>handles <2G?

probably your OS/file system configuration only supports 2 GB files.
Otherwise InnoDB (versions from October up) would have created and
initialized a 10 GB file. You have free disk quota?

It is safest to use 2000M files if you do not know your file system.

>     Their example of creating "ibdata" on the Website shows multiple
>"ibdataX" on 3 Hard Drives of 2G each, does the database span these 3
>"ibdata" files for an aggregate of 6G?
>
> Someone please enlighten me.
>
>Trying to get this right the first time, so sql development can start.
>
> Ron Arenas

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
Order technical MySQL/InnoDB support at https://order.mysql.com/
Speed up adding of features to MySQL/InnoDB through support contracts
See http://www.innodb.com for the online manual and latest news on InnoDB