Nico,

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Sabbi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Date: Friday, March 15, 2002 1:42 PM
Subject: Innodb replication and Database renaming question

>Hi,
>
> I'm still using Mysql 3.23.46 because, as far as I remember, in .47 was
reintroduced the limit of 500 chars max in Innodb primary keys (limit that
would break my application). Is it still present ?
> Is it present in Mysql 4 ?
>
> I also need to know if Innodb is reliable in replication mode. I remember
that with past versions, if the master broke the slave would lose synchrony,
or something of this kind that would make a self-recovery impractical.

replication of InnoDB tables is used at several database sites. There are
currently no known bugs.

> I need to implement a read-only fall-back DB, and I'm planning to use a
combination of cron script to dump the live db to the slave after having
renamed the good (old) versions, and after having verified that all the data
in
> the new dump is fine, renaming the new db to the right  name.
>
>The problem is that I can't find in the manual a  command to rename a
database.

There is none. You may write a Unix script which generates the RENAME TABLE
commands from the .frm files.

>I will appreciate any suggestion,
>
>Thanks,
> Nico