How are you connecting your app?  DSN, ADO Connection String, DAO, etc...

JFercan
*** sql ***

-----Original Message-----
From: GAY Samuel [mailto:S.GAY@;envergure-conseil.com]
Sent: October 30, 2002 04:47
To: Mail List MySQL (E-mail)
Subject: ODBC problem

Hi,

To test MySQL I'm migrating a small VB project wich already run with
SQLServer2000 to try ODBC.
I've a problem with two versions of MyODBC (2.50.39 and 3.51.04).

I can connect, make some "select..." with succes, one update, and my VB
program always crash on an update ! Here is the request, exactly copied from
VB debug :
---
update adresses_a_surveiller set    etat_reseau     =1,
etat_point_acces=1 where  adresse_reseau='10.0.1.253'
---

The error message I get is :
---
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.53-max-nt-log]MySQL server has gone
away
---

The request is ok according to the table structure, I tried to cut/paste it
and run the reqest in MySQL interpreter, and my update is done !

The table structure is (I added a timestamp according to the documentation
about ODBC) :
---
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS adresses_a_surveiller
(
 adresse_reseau         VARCHAR(128)    NOT NULL,
 libelle                VARCHAR(128),
 adresse_point_acces    VARCHAR(128),
 etat_reseau            INTEGER(1)      DEFAULT 1 ,
 etat_point_acces       INTEGER(1)      DEFAULT 1 ,
 odbc_timestamp         timestamp,
 PRIMARY KEY (adresse_reseau)
)
TYPE=InnoDB;
---

Another problem : when I restart my VB projet, or if I force to close an
reopen my ODBC link to the database before the update, I get this error
message :
---
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't create TCP/IP sicket (10093)
---

I don't understand why it doesn't work... any advice ?
Thanks in advance.

Sam.