Hi,

The installation of nrpe on most Unices is pretty easy and outlined in the
README of the source code tarball. Once the nrpe is installed or binraies
downloaded from http://www.bennyvision.com/projects/nagios/index.php or
nagiosexchange site, you need to follow these things

The common way is to have nrpe started by inetd.

Add a line like this to your service:

# grep nrpe /etc/services
nrpe        5666/tcp                 # Nagios Remote Plug-in Executor

Then configure your inetd similar to this.
Make sure that the paths to the nrpe binary and nrpe.cfg file are correct
and make a choice under what user nrpe should be run.

# grep nrpe /etc/inetd.conf
nrpe    stream tcp nowait nagios /usr/local/nagios/libexec/nrpe nrpe -c
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/nrpe.cfg -i

If all looks correct make inetd reload its conf.

# /usr/sbin/inetd -c

and check that it registered the new service

# tail /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log

# netstat -an -f inet|grep LISTEN|grep 5666

The most configuration part involves adapting nrpe.cfg to your needs and
checks that work on hpux.

You can start trying with some of the more common ones like

$ /opt/iexpress/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_total_procs
PROCS CRITICAL: 369 processes

hope this helps

-Shankar

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Christian Iñiguez <
challenger_jos...@yahoo.com.mx> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I have 2 machines with Unix HP UX, and I'd like to monitoring
> them installing nrpe, but I haven't found documentation or how to's about
> it.
>
> On Linux plataform is working very well, but it's a kind of difficult to do
> it on UNIX (HP UX)
>
> Does any body know how can perform this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

>      ¡Todo sobre Amor y Sexo!
> La guía completa para tu vida en Mujer de Hoy.
> http://mx.mujer.yahoo.com/

> reporting any issue.

Shankar Asam