        From: Khairuzzamri [mailto:k_za...@kannal.com.my]
        Sent: 21 January 2009 15:18
        To: Nagios Users Mailinglist
        Subject: [Nagios-users] Still cannot access nagios page

        Hi everyone,

        I'm still stuck at the authentication popup. I cannot login as
even if I'm providing the correct username and password the
authentication popup will still reappear.

        I have done:
        1. 'make install-init'
        2. have copy '/etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf' content into
'/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf'
           nagios.conf content:

                         ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin
"/usr/local/nagios/sbin"
                          <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
                            #  SSLRequireSSL
                            Options ExecCGI
                            AllowOverride None
                            Order allow,deny
                            Allow from all
                            #  Order deny,allow
                            #  Deny from all
                            #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
                            AuthName "Nagios Access"
                            AuthType Basic
                            AuthUserFile
/usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                            Require valid-user
                         </Directory>
                        Alias /nagios "/usr/local/nagios/share"
                         <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
                           #  SSLRequireSSL
                           Options None
                           AllowOverride None
                           Order allow,deny
                           Allow from all
                           #  Order deny,allow
                           #  Deny from all
                           #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
                           AuthName "Nagios Access"
                           AuthType Basic
                           AuthUserFile
/usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                           Require valid-user
                          </Directory>

        3. create 2 .htaccess file in both '/usr/local/nagios/sbin' and
'/usr/local/nagios/share'
           .htaccess content:
                           AuthName "Nagios Access"
                           AuthType Basic
                           AuthUserFile
/usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                           require valid-user
        I'm using Redhat 9 as O/S, nagios 3.0.3.tar.gz and
nagios-plugins-1.4.12.tar.gz.
        Please help identify my problem. Any suggestion is highly
appreciated.

        Thanks & regards.