Hello,

I recently re-installed my Nagios environment and recently found that using my
old configuration that used to work, is not working now; more specifically the
email notification parsing seems to not send information regarding "additional
information" part.

Example email notification message that I receive:

***** Nagios *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: DB Log Watch oppy1

Host: van-oppy

Address: 172.16.4.14

State: CRITICAL

Date/Time: Tue Feb 15 11:06:26 PST 2011

Additional Info:

There is nothing in for additional information, below is the email notification
command being used:

define command{
        command_name notify-host-by-email
        command_line /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification
Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" |
/usr/bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Host Alert: $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$
**" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

define command{
        command_name notify-service-by-email
        command_line /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification
Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$" | /usr/bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Service
Alert: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$

Any help on troubleshooting this?

Thank you!

The Oppenheimer Group ---- CONFIDENTIAL

proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.