From: ceilidh...@telus.blackberry.net <ceilidh...@telus.blackberry.net>
Subject: NailTech:: Re: tips and wraps
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 6:53 PM

I use whatever powder I have. Right now I have some glitters from Nailworkz -
Lina is the name I think. I should clarify because I was walking and texting a
few minutes ago:) I used to dip them like Star and Backscratchers teach but
then an educator with Linen Batiste, which no longer exists, showed me a way
that was faster.

She dipped a brush from brush-on resin into the powder just like it was a
regular acrylic brush and put her ball of product down and moved it around a
bit like gel. It hardens up quickly so you have to move fast.

I use Star brush on self activating resin and the Star So Fine spray on "gel
cure" activator. It makes a pretty sturdy nail and its what I have on right
now. I do a set in under 30 minutes and they soak off uber fast. You could
maintain them, the client just has to oil up twice daily.

I charge 30 dollars for a set and include the soak off. Most of the youngins
who get them will usually (and unfortunately) pick them off so I don't see too
many removals.

I started doing them about 6 or 7 years ago when I was inundated with
princesses who wanted nails for prom and would then being their mothers with
them two days later to try to get their money back because they really didn't
want nice gels. It got so that I dreaded June, lol

I can video it over the weekend if you want to see it.

Nicole