From: Diana Bonn <bonn.di...@att.net>
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, September 22, 2010 6:11:31 PM
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Research Question. I'd love your answer.

Okay, I am going off on a different angle here.......and the reason is if
Elaine
and Tony are working on a 'VERY SPECIAL LAMP" then I'm going to add my wish
list
here.

I use different gels, and they take different times.  So how many of you use
the
same lamp for SOG and other gels?  So for those that are interested in an LED
lamp, are you going to purchase an led lamp and then use your uv lamp for your
other gels?

How about repairs?  Yep have a few, base coat. 2 min first coat, 2 min second
coat, 2 min top coat.......I want a fast light.

Not all gels cure in 2 minutes, so I don't think of it saving 10 secs.  More
than that.  I use several other gels, and takes 3 minutes.

Also, all top coats are not 2 minute cures, maybe more.

So in MY opinion, which means crap !!!, if you are going to make a 'VERY
SPECIAL
LAMP" then it should be for several products, large enough for feet,
inexpensive
enough to purchase 2 or large enough for 2 hands.

Yes I wait for my clients to finish, mostly after everything is done.  And not
with shellac or Gelish, but other brands that I use, that they may say 2
minutes, but that touchy feely tapping thing I do to see if they are "cooked"
after I wipe the layer off, just needs that extra zap.

I would love a 10 sec lamp.  If it only works for one brand, sorry, not going
purchase it.  Universal guaranteed you have a sale!!!

The manufacturer that invents such a thing, if it CAN be invented will be
making
the big bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! JMHO  diana from indiana

At 11:48 AM 9/22/2010, you wrote:
> I like to think of this emailing list as a little fish bowl of information.
>Even when I'm not replying, I'm reading all of your emails and responses.  It
>frequently helps me with my research.  I'm currently working on my next
>project.  I can't say too much just yet, but I do have a question for each of
>you.
>
> LED vs UV
>
> Tony and I were getting heavily involved in LED to the point where I've
>designed a very special lamp.  But while in London I made a startling
>discovery
>while demonstrating Soak Off UV Gel.
>
> On average, color app takes me about 15 minutes.  20 minutes tops.  That
> isn't
>counting prep.  I count that in the manicure service.  I mean actual color
>app.
>I'm about the same as Polish.  My longest cure is 2:00 (color coats).  I was
>never waiting on the lamp.  My 2 min timer would shut the lamp off just as I
>was
>finishing my last nail.  So I would immediately put the hand I was working on
>in
>the lamp and take the other hand out without missing a beat.
>
> This got me thinking.  If I continue on this LED thing....why does 10 seconds
>cure time matter?  If her coat is cured, but I still take 2 minutes to apply
>my
>next layer, what good is it to be done curing in 10 seconds?  It was really
>funny that a show attendee that I was demo'ing on was the one that enlightened
>me to this.  I'm so busy with work stuff here, that I didn't think like a tech
>and observe this all on my own.
>
> I need arguments for both sides.  I just am not so sure I want to continue my
>LED project unless it is really going to be something beneficial to all of you.
>
> Thanks to you all, in advance.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Elaine T. Watson
> Star Nail International
> Vice President of Marketing and Sales
> Global Education Director
> 800.782.7624 extension 321
> fax 661.257.5856
> <mailto:ela...@starnail.com>ela...@starnail.com
> Blog: <http://itsnotarealjob.blogspot.com>itsnotarealjob.blogspot.com

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups