it has gotten to the point for me that i am looking for a whitelisting option on my firewall/a-v gateway instead of a blacklisting one for attachments.

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

Erm is it me or are the writers of Bagle and Netsky determined to keep morphing their code to outwit the virus scanners.. is this a new trend in virus writing - beat the systems by evolving your code quicker than the security firms can release updates?

new trend in that it started only a decade ago?

Perhaps I'm only following this as its affecting us more, but I dont recall a time previously when I've had so many viruses hitting us and getting thro our scanners with nothing we can do about it. I dont recall seeing viruses with variants as high as 'j' before, especially in the relatively short time since the previous variants were out

Seriously, drop some references if I'm off-track.. its just my perception and I'm not an expert at all with viruses...

Steve