I don't have the answers but I think the 10 years of
failure to put a dent in spam have shown beyond the
shadow of a doubt that Internet email is broken by
design and bandaids are not going to fix this, no matter
how many different bandaids are applied. It is time
to re-engineer with the benefit of hindsight.

ready, fire, aim.

we aren't hitting the target.  the gun must be broken.

couldn't be that we have lousy eyesight.  or that the ground is shaking.

folks...

when we look at email as a complex human communication service, and we explain spam as an intrusion into the model of using that service constructively, and we can formulate reasonable models of "repair" that do not break the broad utility of service, and we find that we cannot engineer changes to the existing service to implement these human-level "repairs", THEN it will be time to consider "re-engineering" email.
begin:vcard
fn:Dave Crocker
n:Crocker;Dave
email;internet:dcrocker a t ...