Thanks, I'm fully aware of where shim6 is right now.   I'm asking if
anyone feels this is headed anywhere useful or if we got anything else
we can use to facilitate mh.

a shim layer seems like a promising enhancement. ietf-shim6 is taking an approach to a shim layer that will, I suspect, take some time to mature. I'd be surprised if it saw significant deployment anytime within the next 5 years, at the earliest.

(a more ascerbic view would probably suggest that it is not even likely to produce a complete specification within that time, with deployment taking another 5 years...)

the effort is relying on IPv6 and on the disappearance of NATs, for v6. one might consider these to be critical dependencies that are rather risky.

--

  d/

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking