From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Weeks
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 5:57 PM
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Re: Customer-facing ACLs

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> To me there is no question of whether or not you filter traffic for
> residential broadband customers.

SBC in my area (Dallas) went from wide open to outbound 25 blocked by
default/opened on request. I think doing the same thing with port 22 would
hardly be an undue burden on users, and would help keep botnets in check.

Might as well do TCP 20, 21 and 23, too.  Woah, that slope's getting slippery!

scott

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE

The contents of this message and any attachments may be confidential and
proprietary and also may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act. This message is not intended to be used by, and should not be relied upon
in any way by, any third party.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
inform the sender of the transmission error and delete this message immediately
without reading, disseminating, distributing or copying the contents. Citadel
makes no assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses
and other harmful code.