Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Rob Szarka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 True, though some aspects of mail service are inextricably tied to broader
networking issues, and thus participation here might still benefit them. But
sadly Yahoo doesn't even seem to participate in more relevant forums, such
as the spam-l list.

There are other lists, far more relevant than spam-l or nanae.

There's a way to present spam issues and mail filtering
operationally.. and I see it all the time at MAAWG meetings, just for
example.

MAAWG, is fine but the requirements for participation are substantially higher than the nanog list.

The issue here is that 90% of the comments on a thread related to this
are from people who might be wizards at packet pushing, but cant
filter spam.  Or on mailserver lists you might find people who can
write sendmail.cf from scratch instead of building it from a .mc file
and still dont know about the right way to do spam filtering.

People who have operational problems don't generally get to pick the skillset they already have just because a problem appears, some cognizance of that is surely in order.

If the discussion is headed further in the meta-direction we should take it to futures.