> While the times are changing, women continue to remain primary caregivers
for families and this will require them to desert their families a day
early.  I find it offensive personally and feel like you may have missed
the mark.

The hackathon has for (as far as I’ve known about it) been on Sunday. I
don’t work on Sundays - it’s a day for my family (unless the almighty pager
goes off), so I’ve never gone - even though it’s one of the parts of NANOG
I’d enjoy, and would benefit from the most.

There are tradeoffs for everything - perhaps the idea was to keep the
women’s mixer separate from the other evening events, so that those who
wish to participate, can do all of the evening events, and not have to give
up anything, at the cost of the extra day. That being said, I agree, moving
more to Sunday is not an acceptable answer to me.

Best Regards,
-Thomas Scott