On 1/27/2010 5:09 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

On Jan 27, 2010, at 2:38 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

The general intent of the /48 allocation is that it is large enough for
nearly everybody, with nearly everybody including all but the largest
of organisations.

the general intent of a class B allocation is that it is large enough
for nearly everybody, with nearly everybody including all but the
largest of organisations.

hmmmmm

randy

That would, indeed, work if we weren't short of class B networks
to assign.

Owen

ITYM --- That would, indeed, work if we weren't so short sighted in our view of how the demand economics term) would expand to exceed the supply.

[For the record I do not see any way of foreseeing the unforeseen (and unforeseeable). I ask only that the latest whizbang be marketed as the latest whizbang (which is likely to be be pretty impressive--it always has been), not the answer for all of time.)
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information: http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml