Let me be the first to say welcome.
>>> Thank you!  I'm glad to hear it!

Do you know if microsoft has any submitted or ourstanding patends on the
technologies included in the MSBuild stuff? We will want to make sure we
are
not accepting code from people who have access to or copies of the
MSBuild
source if there are license restrictions or patent issues.
>>> This is a tricky question but I'll do my best to answer it openly
and honestly :).

1) Microsoft has submitted and has some outstanding patents on
technologies included in the MSBuild engine (core platform stuff).

2) MSBuild is written 100% in managed code and will not be obfuscated by
us.  With this said, as of today there are no plans to release sources
for MSBuild Engine stuff.  Not even as shared source. We are currently
debating releasing sources for our tasks and loggers, but we haven't
discussed license issues yet.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Alex Kipman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]
Program Manager
Visual Studio Core Team

-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.