Message generated for change (Comment added) made by akhter
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=1153724&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
Category: Tasks
Group: 0.85

Initial Comment:
The attached repro demonstrates a problem we've been
experiencing since the changes to the <csc> task
were submitted to call resgen with multiple files instead
of calling resgen once for every
embedded resource. This repro works against the 2005-
02-25 nightly build.

Unzip the contents to a drive root. For example:

D:\resgen-repro.build
D:\AssemblyInfo.cs
D:\resx

To see the error first run "nant test" on the resgen-
repro.build file. Everything should compile without
a problem. Then rename the 803.resxx to 803.resx and
attempt to run "nant test" again. This
pushes resgen parameter string over the limit and
causes the build to fail.

Can the csc task code be updated to guard against
this? The speed improvements seen with this
model rather than the old way of calling resgen
inidividually for every resource is extremely
valuable. Maybe in cases where the resgen parameters
hit some threshhold, the code can split
those calls up.

Comment By: Akhter (akhter)