Hi,

See inline...

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:29 AM, Fabien Poirier <f.poir...@informia.fr>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> My name is Fabien, I was using Nant as a .Net build tool on C# projects.
> Now I’ve changed of work and I am using it as a build tool for Delphi
> projects (yes).

Nice to meet you.

> I am using SVN and I build my own continuous integration chain, I connect
> to SVN, get info in XML, do some xmlpeek to get last revision, compare it
> with the last built, and rebuilt if needed.
>

> I’d like to know if Nant project is still alive, are there some
> contributors that want to make this project grows?

I think the best way to describe the status is slowly waking up from a 2
year nap.  I just reviewed a back log of pull requests on github.com of
people fixing issues that they wanted to fix. I also fixed an issue that
was introduced in 0.92 related to the copy task (sorry about that) and I
just submitted another pull request for review to address another issue
reported some time ago. Dominik has been working on the CI system to
stabilize it since the system has changed since we last checked in on it
and reviewing the code in my pull requests. There are also new nightly
files that can be tested in sourceforge.net. So we are slowly getting back
on our feet here.

> I was using Ant before on java project, Nant is much more cool to use, but
> there are many, many things that could be better (IMHO), so many ways to go
> forward.

Yup.

> I’d like to know if people still here could send on the ML any link, any
> piece of custom script task that could be added to the main Nant website?
> Or anything else that users can do to shock this project back to life?

You can contribute code, examples, etc.  A good place to start is in the
wiki at github.com. It is a bit dated but it still applies.
https://github.com/nant/nant/wiki/Development-Guide

> Nant could be extended by so many means, but it is not easy to find
> example of source code, for example the while task, etc.

We can work on that. I have ideas I want to work on but it'll take time.

Happy holidays,
Ryan