A patch to the if task (and associated tests) is available here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=972927&group_id
=31650&atid=402871
or http://tinyurl.com/3lxae

This implementation supports the structure:
<if test="foo">
  <then tasks here />
  <else>
    <else tasks here />
  </else>
</if>

as well as (the IMHO more correct):
<if test="foo">
  <then>
    <then tasks here />
  </then>
  <else>
    <else tasks here />
  </else>
</if>

Also included is an independent suggestion for a switch task :-)

Disclaimer Message:

individual(s) named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please immediately delete it and all copies of it from
your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. To the
maximum extent permitted by law, Immersive Technologies Pty. Ltd. does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.