-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Feldman
Sent: Montag, 17. Juli 2006 01:22
To: nant-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [NAnt-users] Silent tasks?

Henning Eiben wrote:
> I'm also using xmlpeek to read settings from an xml-file and xmlpoke
> to modify the csproj-file for example. this also gives a load of
> messages I don't really need to know.
>
> Especially xmlpeek gives a lot of messages about attributes that could
> not be found (which is being expected and the build-file can handle
> that :)), so I don't want this to raise "warnings" in my build-file.
>
> So I would really appreciate a quit-option for those tasks as well;
> but I don't want to silent the complete build-file, because I would
> like to know about warnings and errors in other tasks.

I wonder if what we need onsuccess, onfailure, and notfound attributes for
xmlpeek and xmlpoke:

   onsuccess="verbose" : print full file path, full xpath , the value found
                         for xmlpeek, both the old and new values for
xmlpoke
             "quiet"   : print nothing  - this is the default
             "minimal" : print file name (not path), the value found for
                         xmlpeek, the new value for xmlpoke

   onfailure="verbose" : same as onsuccess
             "quiet"   : print nothing if the only problem is that the
xpath
                         doesn't match, but treat as an error if the file
                         can't be read/written, or if there's a syntax error
in
                         the xpath
             "minimal" : similar to quiet, but print the same information as
                         for onsuccess for the case where the xpath doesn't
match
   notfound="fail"     : Treat it as a failure if the xpath isn't
found.  This
                         also changes the behavior of
onfailure=quite/minimal
   notfound="ignore"   : It's not an error if the xpath isn't found.
This is the
                         default, and doesn't affect the other items

This is just an off-the-cuff first crack at it.  I expect that folks will be
able to improve upon it.

Gary