Of course, this would have to be planned for .9 or something as it would
be a breaking change for .85.

BOb

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gert
Driesen
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:47 PM
To: 'James Johnston'; nant-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [NAnt-users] Extending asminfo Task

AssemblyInfoTask?
> The current "Language" property is a simple enumeration.  I'm thinking
> that in addition to that property, there should be a
"CodeProviderType"
> property that contains the full type name so one can use any arbitrary
> code generator.  E.g. one could set it to
> "Microsoft.VisualC.CppCodeProvider, CppCodeProvider, Version=8.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".  I think the answer
> is not to simply add "C++" to the CodeLanguage enumeration, because
> there are three different C++ code generators:  MCppCodeProvider (for
> v1.1), CppCodeProvider (for v2.0), and CppCodeProvider7 (also comes
> with
> VC++ 8.0).  And there are likely code DOMs for other languages too.
>
> If there is interest for this enhancement, I would just as soon make
> the changes myself and submit a changeset - I don't think it would be
> very hard to add a feature like this.

Sure, there's interest for this. I wouldn't add a new attribute though.

Let's just change the existing Language property (language attribute) to
take a string.

Have a look at the <script> task as we do exactly the same there.

The <asminfo> task should probably also support setting named attribute
arguments (using a nested <argument> type).

Gert

-
security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo