From: Nikhil Gupta [mailto:nikhil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 2:17 PM
To: Bhavani Kapparmath
Cc: nant-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [NAnt-users] VS2010 devenv command from NAnt fails

Any specific reason you are using devenv? Try using msbuild.exe instead.
On May 24, 2013 1:48 PM, "Bhavani Kapparmath"
<bhavani.kapparm...@lnties.com<mailto:bhavani.kapparm...@lnties.com>> wrote:
Hello All,

We are facing issue with building VS2010 from NAnt. Below are the details:

*         We migrated our project from Visual studio 2005 to Visual studio 2010.

*         Post migration, we are seeing build issue in the build server
machine. Details are below.

*         Win 7 Professional SP1 versioned OS build machine is setup with
Cruise control and NAnt script for automated builds with devenv.

*         Building with VS 2010 causes a number of projects to start but do not
finish.

The only message appears in the log ( which is generated by /log switch of
devenv command) is :

----Rebuild All started:Project:DWRAPPER, Configuration:BuildWithPortalSVC Win
32-

----Rebuild All started:Project:XYZ, Configuration:BuildWithPortalSVC Win 32---

*         Count of project failure like above is not the same for every build.

*         Building the project(solution file) in IDE is fine and also from the
Command line with devenv.

*         Here is the command in Nant.

 <exec program="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv" verbose = "true">
               <arg line="${SolutionFile} /rebuild BuildTwinWithPortalSvc /out
${BuildLog}"/>
            </exec>

We are stuck here now. there is no other error message that helps to find out
what is happening during build of VS 2010 with NAnt. Why is the build failing
with the above error message?
I am using NAnt 0.92. Also tried with nant-0.91-alpha2. Same results.
Seems in Win XP machine the issue is not seen.

Should I attached log file in the mail? Please let me know.
Kind regards,
Bhavani Kapparmath.
Tel # +91 080 6624 3452

The information contained in this email has been classified:
(  )  Larsen & Toubro Limited  -  General Business
(X) Larsen &Toubro  Limited  -   Internal Use
(  )  Larsen &Toubro  Limited  -  Confidential
(  )  Larsen & Toubro Limited  -  Proprietary

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com<http://www.larsentoubro.com>

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended
recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or
disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.