And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Fr:     Native America Calling
Dt:     April 11, 1999
Re:     Program Schedule for April 12-19, 1999
Feed Time: M - F, 1300 - 1359 ET
Listen at:   www.airos.org/audio.html
NAC website: www.nativecalling.org

This week on Native America Calling:
Auto Accidents and Teens in Indian Country, Spring Planting Tips, Native
Cultural Exchange with Cuba, Native American Poetry Slam, Healthy
Adolescents, Music Maker: Red Earth

For further descriptions, dates, and guests check out the detailed list below

HOST: HARLAN McKOSATO           WELLNESS HOST: SHARON McCONNELL
PROGRAM SCHEDULE for April 12-19, 1999

MON - 4/12: The Young & the Reckless:
Someone dies in an auto accident every thirteen minutes in this country. And
crashes are the leading cause of death for young people? Some states are
introducing tougher standards before letting teens behind the wheel, but is
it enough to lower the crash rates of young people? How do we reduce the
risks on America's roadways? Guests include Ron Engle of the National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

TUE - 4/13: Spring Planting Tips:
Time to get out your tiller, your fertilizers, and your favorite seeds. The
winter thaw has literally laid the groundwork for the annual rite of
planting. What are the tips and pointers for making sure your crops bloom to
full fruition this season? Guests include Native green thumbs who will be
online to take your gardening questions and advice.

WED - 4/14: Native Cultural Exchange with Cuba:
An historic project will take place this June when a group of Native Elders
and Youth will embark on a 10-day journey to Cuba. The purpose of the trip
is to promote a cultural and art exchange between the Native people of the
U.S. and Cuba. How does Native America benefit by connecting with the other
indigenous cultures of the world? Guests include Gloria La Riva, an
organizer of human rights, world freedom and humanitarian campaigns.

THU - 4/15: Poetry Slam:
Poetry contests are growing more and more popular, especially with the
younger crowd. In celebration of National Poetry Month, we present a live
Poetry Slam with up and coming Native poets. Listeners will have a chance to
participate by calling and voting for their favorite on-air poems from
different categories. Guests include students from the Native American
Preparatory School.

FRI - 4/16: Healthy Adolescents:
Huge physical and emotional changes mark the adolescent years.  How can
parents help these young people adjust to their changing bodies as well as
teach them to make the right lifestyle choices?  If you have an adolescent
in the family, you'll want to join host Sharon McConnell and her guests as
they discuss adolescent health on the next "Wellness Edition" of Native
America Calling.

MON - 4/19: Music Maker: Red Earth:
As promised, we bring you another hot young Native band on the rise. This
Albuquerque band will rock your socks off and have you dancing in the aisles
with their up tempo, high-energy sound. Join us as we introduce Red Earth to
Indian Country on our Music Maker Edition.

For more information, please contact the following people:
Programming Questions: Joseph Leon, NAC 505-277-7999, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Distribution/Promotion: Eric Martin, AIROS 402-472-3287, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wellness Edition: Amber Clayman, Koahnic 907-258-8896, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Eric Martin
AIROS Director of Distribution
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Rock n' Roll is based on revolutions going way past 33 1/3."

        -- John Trudell, Baby Boom Che

Listen to great Indian Radio via Real Audio
24 hours a day at airos.org/audio.html