And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Fr: Native America Calling
Re: Program Schedule for June 14-18, 1999
Feed Time: M - F, 1300 - 1359 ET
NAC website: www.nativecalling.org
Listen in RealAudio at: www.airos.org/audio.html

HOST: HARLAN McKOSATO           WELLNESS HOST: SHARON McCONNELL
PROGRAM SCHEDULE for June 14-18, 1999

MON - 6/14: Persistent Organic Pollutants:
Have you ever heard of POPs? I'm not talking about soda pops or your dad or
a wack upside the head. I'm talking about persistent organic pollutants.
They are the products and bi-products of recent human industry. They are
pesticides and dioxins that float through the air, travel in our water and
concentrate themselves in living organisms, including humans.

TUE - 6/15: International Indian Treaty Council (IITC):
The Hunkpapa Lakota Nation invites you to their 25th Anniversary Treaty
conference at Mato Paha (Bear Butte), a sacred traditional area in the Paha
Sapa (Black Hills). Indigenous people from around the world will gather to
discuss international developments that affect local communities, and to
build joint strategies. Is Native America making progress at the
international level? Guests include Andrea Carmen of IITC.

WED - 6/16: The Tobacco Wars:
Last fall, when a settlement was reached between states and the tobacco
industry it was acknowledged that Native people have suffered greatly from
the effects of smoking. Yet, tribes were not allotted any compensation. Now,
tribes throughout Indian Country are planning to get their fair share. Did
the tobacco settlement benefit anyone in Indian Country? Guests include
Harold Salway, President of the Oglala Sioux Nation.

THU - 6/17: Aboriginal Voices Festival:
A herd of 2,000 buffalo will thunder through the streets of Toronto next
week as part of the opening ceremonies for the Aboriginal Voices Festival.
The festival will encompass a media conference for television and radio
broadcasters, journalists, filmmakers and other new media artists. Will U.S.
Indian journalists ever catch up with the Canadians? Invited guests include
festival coordinator Alanis King.

Attention: Program change for June 18, 1999

FRI - 6/18: Keeping Children Busy:
When summer arrives, school activities vanish.  In rural villages and on
reservations it can be even more of a challenge to keep children mentally
and physically active.  What can parents and communities do to provide our
children safe learning and recreational activities? Join host Sharon
McConnell and her guests, on the next "Wellness Edition" of Native America
Calling, as they discuss keeping our children busy during the summer months.

Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html