And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:47:26 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: U.S. District Judge G. Thomas Van Bebber of Kansas City, Kan.

Van Bebber is the same judge we have in our case.  He is also known as take
it to 10th., if Indian.
Jim Oyler

Kansas City Star
Peltier ruling upheld

DENVER -- An appeals court ruled Thursday that American Indian activist
Leonard Peltier has no basis for suing prison authorities for alleged
improper medical care.

Peltier, an inmate at the U.S. Penitentiary at Leavenworth, has
complications from lockjaw. He is serving two life sentences in the
killings of two FBI agents in 1975.

The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled unanimously that U.S. District
Judge G. Thomas Van Bebber of Kansas City, Kan., properly dismissed
Peltier's lawsuit last year. The appeals court said the claims in his
lawsuit did not rise to the level of a violation of his constitutional
rights.

-- Robert Boczkiewicz/Special to The Star
Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html