And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Note: some addresses are blind copied

Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 15:09:52 -0500
From: Rob Callahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 2nd Annual Unity Ride - Camp Justice, Oceti Sakowin, Minnehaha Free State

Eon Ka Mani and Pte Tatonke Tipi (of American Indian Movement) to ride
for peace and unity.  The ride will take them through Camp Justice
(White Clay, Nebraska), Oceti Sakowin (La Framboise Island, SD), and the
Minnehaha Free State (Minneapolis, Minnesota).  For more information,
see http://www.robworld.net/unity/

Please forward and post where applicable.  The ride does not cater to
the media, so all updates will come through the above website.  The
riders have said that if the media wants to cover this, they will have
to intercept them along the ride.  There will be no planned photo ops.

The following are excerpts from the article which appears at the above
site:

"All of these issues revolve around the genocide that's been committed
against the Native American people, that is still being committed," he
continues, "We're going to be riding and praying about these things, and
about unity between brothers."

"We need to bring an end to these ways forced on us by the states of
Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska. They can't slap Dakota people
around anymore. We won't stand for it. They're using police as their own
personal thugs, and we're not going to allow it anymore." The conviction
in their voices serves as a poignant reminder that when change through
non-violent means is prevented, it inevitably comes about through
violent ones. "That's what we want to avoid," Eon Ka Mani pleads, "There
is nothing that can not be accomplished through prayer."

So Eon Ka Mani and Pte Tatonke Tipi mount their steeds, Wiyohin Ya Ta Ta
Omohie and Buddy respectively, and set out to ride for peace and for
their people. "Many have asked what they can do aside from ride with us.
To them, we simply say to tell your families, talk about what we're
doing, at work and at home. Tell your friends that there are two crazy
Indians out riding across the plains for their people, and tell them
why." Others have offered to pray for them. To these offers they simply
reply, "We don't want anyone to pray for us. We want everyone to pray
with us."

-------------------------------------

WEBMASTERS, please add the following links to related websites (at the
bottom of this message a tidy arrangement of these links is supplied in
html code), also please advise as to the existence of other sites
devoted to the three occupations:

RIDE UPDATES
        The Planned Route - http://www.robworld.net/unity/maps.html

OCETI SAKOWIN
        Oceti Sakowin - http://www.alphacdc.com/treaty/island.html
        Indian Treaty Land - http://www.alphacdc.com/treaty/island-0615.html

MINNEHAHA FREE STATE
        Stop the Reroute - http://www.freenet.msp.mn.us/org/stop55/
        Mendota Sacred Sites -
http://hometown.aol.com/dmkerr9/Mendota_Sacred_Sites.html
        Reroute Archive - http://www.robworld.net/stop_the_reroute/
        Tom Taylor's Site -
http://members.aol.com/noreroute/Highway_55_occupation.html

CAMP JUSTICE
        Camp Justice - http://shell.webbernet.net/~ishgooda/oglala/
        Pine Ridge vs. White Clay -
http://www.journalstar.com/slide_show/photos/pine_ridge/

AMERICAN INDIAN RELIGIOUS FREEDOM ACT, August 11, 1978
        http://www.robworld.net/unity/1978.html

THE LINKS IN HTML:

HREF="http://www.robworld.net/unity/maps.html">THE
size=2><br><a href="http://www.alphacdc.com/treaty/island.html">OCETI