And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Re:    Program Schedule for Aug 16-20, 1999
Feed Time:      M - F, 1300 - 1359 ET
NAC website: www.nativecalling.org

HOST: HARLAN McKOSATO           WELLNESS HOST: SHARON McCONNELL
PROGRAM SCHEDULE for Aug 16-20, 1999

MON - 8/16: Native America's Vacation Getaway:
As Native America diversifies its economy, tourism is becoming one of the
front runners for economic development. Instead of reading about the Native
experience, people can come be part of it in a nice neat vacation package.
Can the wilds of Native America be the next vacation hot spot of the
Americas? Guests include Lorintino Lallo of the New Mexico Department of
Tourism.

TUE - 8/17: Youth Action Summit:
The Native Youth are restless and they're going to do something about it!
Hundreds of Native teens participated in a youth summit over this past
weekend in Denver Colorado to draft a youth action agenda for the coming
years. On this edition of Native America Calling, we visit with some of
these rising stars and share in their vision of a prosperous, healthy and
vibrant Native America. Guests include organizer Binishi Albert of Youth
Action Network.

WED - 8/18: NAC Update Edition, Pt.1:
Native America Calling has covered a lot of different issues since the
beginning of 1999. On part 1 of a 2 part series, we revisit some of those
issues and give our listening audience updates and recent developments on
the issues of self-determination, gaming, cultural affairs and justice
issues. We invite you to call in with your update on issues we've covered.

THU - 8/19: NAC Update Edition, Pt.2:
We conclude our update series on this edition of Native America Calling and
give you, the listening audience, one more chance to call in with the most
recent developments on the issues we've discussed since the beginning of
this year.

FRI - 8/20: Phobias:
Most people have mild, normal fears…such as getting up in front of a group
of people or driving on icy roads… but eventually the apprehension passes.
Sadly, some people suffer from extreme persistent and irrational fears of
certain objects and situations. These fears...or phobias…often interfere
with normal life. When do our fears become phobias? On the next "Wellness
Edition" of Native America Calling, host Sharon McConnell and her guests
talk about phobias…Please join us.

PROGRAM SCHEDULE for Wellness Edition Programs for September

FRI - 9/3: Suicide:
Each year, more people die from suicide than homicide in the United States.
Native American Suicide rates are 1½  times the national rate.  Why are the
rates for our people so much higher?  Maybe because it is harder to find
help in rural areas and on reservations…Or maybe because we just don't talk
about suicide and the problems leading to suicide as much as we should.
Join host Sharon McConnell and her guests on the next "Wellness Edition" of
Native America Calling as they talk about this avoidable fate.

FRI - 9/10: Dial-a-Doc:
Our two doctors in radio-residency return to answer listeners' health and
prescription questions.  Doctors David Baines and Tom Nighswander will also
discuss with host Sharon McConnell of the latest medical developments
featured in the national media.  So prepare your health questions for
another "radio house call" on the next "Wellness Edition" of Native America
Calling.

FRI - 9/17: Sex Education for Native Youth:
There is nothing we can do about it…we are born sexual human beings.  But we
can educate our children about sex.  With proper knowledge of the
consequences of sexual activity our youth can make better choices and be
more responsible about their health.  How do you feel about this?  Join host
Sharon McConnell and her guest on the next "Wellness Edition" of Native
America Calling as they talk about sex education.

FRI - 9/24: Hepatitis
Did you know that hundreds of thousands of Americans are infected with
hepatitis each year?  Did you know some strains of hepatitis can be
contracted by just touching a doorknob up to a week after the infected
person contaminates it?  If you would like to learn more about this disease
with possible fatal consequences, tune in to the next "Wellness Edition" of
Native America Calling as Sharon McConnell and her guests discuss Hepatitis.

For more information, please contact the following people:
Programming Questions: Joseph Leon, NAC 505-277-7999, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Distribution/Promotion: Eric Martin, AIROS 800-571-6885, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wellness Edition: Amber Clayman, Koahnic 907-258-8898, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---------------------------------------
Eric Martin
American Indian Radio On Satellite Director of Distribution
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Rock n' Roll is based on revolutions going way past 33 1/3."

         -- John Trudell, Baby Boom Che

Find out the what, when and who about great Native American programming on
AIROS from daily programs like Native America Calling to specials like the
KBOO American Indian Word and Music Festival by signing up for our on-line
program guide...simply e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the subject heading
"Please Add"