And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: Wild Rockies InfoNet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NFPA NATIONAL CONVENTION (Oct.15-17)

From: Jeanette Russell <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                NATIONAL FOREST PROTECTION CONVENTION
                        October 15 -17, 1999
        Touch of Nature Environmental Center (Carbondale, Illinois)

*** Please mark your calendars and send in your registration today ***

The National Forest Protection Alliance invites you to join conservation
leaders from across the country who are dedicated to protecting and
restoring the integrity of our nation's forests and public lands. We will
gather to discuss and build upon the growing campaign to protect public
lands from commercial logging and issues that surround this effort.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS - complete agenda available upon request
* The Era of Restoration: Theory and Practice
* The Economics of Logging National Forests
* Decommercializing Public Lands
* Integrating Decommercialization into Forest Watch and Planning
* NFPA Vision, Campaign Outline and Steps to Achieving Our Goals
* Grassroots and Political Organizing
* Strengthening Your Network
*Invited speaker: Amy Trotter, Legislative Aide of Rep. James Leach (R-IA)

TOUCH OF NATURE: The Convention will be held at Touch of Nature, a 3,400
acre wooded retreat on Little Grassy Lake, just eight miles south of
Carbondale, IL. The retreat is bordered by the Crab Orchard National
Wildlife Refuge, the Shawnee National Forest and Giant City State Park.

ACCOMMODATIONS: Rustic cabins with beds (linen $6 extra/night), tent sites
available, showers, bring sleeping bag and warm clothes.

TRANSPORTATION: Flights should arrive at the St. Louis Airport. NFPA will
provide FREE shuttle service to and from the conference. On Friday,
shuttles will leave the airport at approximately noon, 3pm and 6pm. On
Sunday, shuttles will leave the conference at 2pm. If you wish to take
advantage of the shuttle service, please schedule your arrival/departure
flights accordingly.

DIRECTIONS: From Interstate 57, take route 13 west 11 miles. Turn left
(south) on Giant City Road and drive 8 miles. Turn left on Touch of Nature
Road. Map of area available upon registration

REGISTRATION: Mail payment by September 27 to: NFPA, P.O. Box 8264,
Missoula, MT 59807.

The cost of the Convention is $60/person. This includes 2 nights lodging
and 6 vegetarian meals. Vegan meals available upon request.

EMAIL REGISTRATION:
Please email your registration today to Jeanette Russell at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please include the following information:
1. Contact Information (name, affiliation, address, zip, phone and email)
2. Sleeping preference (tent or cabin)
3. Will you need shuttle service? If so, please include the following:
Arrival: Airline_____________ Flight #______________ Time______________
Departure: Airline___________ Flight #______________ Time______________

NATIONAL FOREST PROTECTION ALLIANCE: The NFPA is a national alliance of
citizens and organizations dedicated to protecting public lands from
commercial exploitation, and in particular, protecting federal public lands
from commercial logging. Our founding principle lies in the belief that
citizens and organizations, acting in a coordinated, strategic alliance can
organize a strong base of public and political support to achieve positive,
lasting social and environmental change.

* Please post widely *