And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:17:47 -0500
From: Rob Callahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Unity Prayer Ride - Update #2

RIDE TO UNITE CAMP JUSTICE, OCETI SAKOWIN, AND THE MINNEHAHA FREE STATE

August 18, 1999

After losing a day to search for lost horses, Eon Ka Mani and Pte
Tatonke Tipi alter the route to make up for lost time.  They will follow
the new route to Buffalo Gap before making camp, and in the morning they
will ride east to Oceti Sakowin.  The riders expect to cover 30-50 miles
per day.

Ride Support told me this morning, "They were thirty miles out of White
Clay when they lost the horses.  They stopped for the night, and in the
morning the horses where gone.  We finally found them at a watering hole
near Allen..."  Ride Support also informed me that the Big Foot Riders
will be joining this ride from Pipestone to Minneapolis.

Since the riders will not be granting pre-planned interviews or
photo-ops for the press, the article at http://www.robworld.net/unity/
and the updates at http://www.robworld.net/unity/maps.html are
considered public domain for all interested parties who would not
otherwise be able to cover the ride.  The more enthusiastic journalist
will do well to intercept them at the site of one of the occupations.
Their next planned stop is at Oceti Sakowin, the La Framboise Island
Occupation, which they should reach within the next few days.

Mitakuye Oyasin.

Rob Callahan