From: Indigenous Support Coalition of Oregon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 1999 11:46 PM
Subject: People's Resolution for the Dine'h of Black Mesa to the United
Statesof America, July 7, 1999

If you want to add your name to this resolution, please reply *without*
including a copy of the resolution (but keep the subject header) and type
in your full name, city, state, and zip.  Thank you, Beth, ISCO

People's Resolution for the Dine'h of Black Mesa to the
United States of America, July 7, 1999

Attention: Sen. John McCain; Christopher Bavasi, Executive Director,
Office of Navajo-Hopi Indian Relocation; Kevin Gover, Asst. Secretary of
Indian Affairs; Bruce Babbitt, Secretary of Interior; Janet Reno, Attorney
General, Department of Justice; President William Clinton, United States
of America:

We, the People of this land now known as "America" have witnessed the
ongoing forced relocation of traditional Dine'h (Navajo) families from Big
Mountain and other communities in the HPL of Black Mesa, Arizona.

We have asked you many times to repeal PL 93-531 and PL 104-301 and to
stop the genocidal forced removal and ecocidal coal strip-mining.  We have
gone to Congress, the US District Court, the Ninth US Circuit Court of
Appeals, the Department of Interior Administrative Court, and the United
Nations Commission for Human Rights.  We continue these efforts.

You have staked out and reduced Dine'h lands, allowed the ripping apart of
their shrines and burial grounds, destroyed their way of life, made it
Misery.

You have served the Dine'h with livestock impoundment notices and made a
show of force by counting sheep with multiple heavily armed BIA units.

You have served the Dine'h with 90-day notices to sign leases and give up
their ancestoral rights to their lands, or to relocate to polluted New
Lands.

We, the People of this place now called "America" are serving you notice.
We are here today to warn you, what you are doing is wrong.  We are here
today to tell you, we want full repeal of both PL 93-531 and PL 104-301
and we have waited long enough.  Here are our set of demands:

1)  Repeal Relocation:  US House of Representatives and US Senate to fully
repeal PL 93-531, Navajo-Hopi Indian Land Dispute Settlement Act of 1974
and PL 104-301, Navajo-Hopi Indian Land Dispute Settlement Act of 1996.

2)  Commitment to Reparations:  Inter-Agency plan with full funding to
restore the livestock, land, water, sacred sites, and Dine'h returning
home.

3)  US Accountability:  Bureau of Indian Affairs, Indian Health Services,
Department of Interior and Department of Justice to give a full accounting
of misappropriated Indian trust lands and funds, as well as owning up to
this and similar genocidal atrocities, while reasserting Native
Sovereignty and supremacy of Natural Law, including giving an accurate
portrayal of history.

4)  Again we have waited a long time for justice.  We are continuing to
try every legal avenue to stop forced relocation of the Dine'h.  We are
planning to stop impending forced evictions whether they are attempted
before or after the next deadline, February 1, 2000.  You are hereby
warned that what you have been doing is wrong and to stop it.  If
necessary, we will intervene to bring about a Direct Repeal of Relocation
by the People of "America."

Signed,

Elizabeth Howard, President

Beth Newberry, Chair