And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: Legislative Impact <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: S. Amend. 1577
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:33:22

Well! We can certainly see how the next three months will go. When I was
watching the Senate last night I was amazed by how fast this amendment was
introduced - briefly debated - and passed by voice vote. Senator Gorton in
the bill (HR 2466 - Interior Appropriations) manager. We all know that he
will willing orchestrate any fast ones he can.

If I may  - I would like to point out that Legislative Impact emailed you
the information as it was happening yesterday. We would have emailed you
even earlier if there had been any warning that it was going to be the
first amendment offered.

So, as I have stated before - if you need to know what is happening in a
timely manner - you need Legislative Impact
http:/www.legislativeimpact.com/orderit.html  in your legislative tool kit.

One additional comment  -  Senator Campbell also spoke in opposition along
with Senator Inouye.

S.AMDT.1577

AMENDS: H.R.2466

SPONSOR: Sen Graham, Bob, (introduced 08/05/99)

To prohibit the Secretary of the Interior from implementing class III
gaming procedures without State approval.

TEXT OF AMENDMENT: CR S10502

STATUS:

      Sep 8, 99 Proposed by Senator Graham.

      Sep 8, 99 Amendment SP 1577 agreed to in Senate by Voice Vote.

COSPONSORS(9):

      Sen Enzi, Michael B. - 08/05/99
      Sen Bryan, Richard H. - 08/05/99
      Sen Reid, Harry M. - 08/05/99
      Sen Voinovich, George V. - 08/05/99
      Sen Grams, Rod - 08/05/99
      Sen Lugar, Richard G. - 08/05/99
      Sen Sessions, Jeff - 08/05/99
      Sen Bayh, Evan - 09/08/99
      Sen Bond, Christopher S. - 09/08/99

Legislative Impact http://www.legislativeimpact.com/ was designed to bring
you this information as timely as possible. We are constantly striving to
bring you current information to help you make the important decisions.
When congress returns in early September, Legislative Impact will be
watching them and reporting to our subscribers any actions which directly
impact tribes. S*bscribe today
http://www.legislativeimpact.com/orderit.html and be a part of the new
nation wide information network, which seeks to affordably bring all tribes
to the forefront of important legislative issues.

If the above hyperlink does not function with your message software,
please clip and paste:

http://www.legislativeimpact.com