And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:14:00 -0700
From: Nancy Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: TSNTC Update-Treaty Gathering September 25, 1999

    TETON SIOUX NATION TREATY COUNCIL
    TREATY GATHERING AT EAGLE BUTTE
      UPDATE ON INTERNATIONAL WORK

In order to update the community, the Teton Sioux Nation
Treaty Council is hosting a Treaty Gathering on their
international work at the United Nations.

Discussions will include:
  * the 1999 Session of the Working Group on the World's
    Indigenous Populations held in July.
  * The TSNTC Gathering of Many Nations held in June 1999
    at Lower Brule and international support of the World
    Court Case
  * the upcoming United Nations' meetings in October 1999
    on the Draft Declaration on the Rights of the World's
    Indigenous Peoples
  * the upcoming United Nations' meeting in February 2000
    on the Permanent Forum for Indigenous Peoples.

We look forward to the questions and comments of the
people on these efforts and hope all will attend.

             RESTORATION OF THE TETUWAN OYATE

When: September 25, 1999
            10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Where: The Cultural Center in Eagle Butte, Cheyenne
             River [Sioux Reservation, South Dakota]

For More Information Contact:
Vivian High Elk, Eagle Butte, Cheyenne River, 605-964-6880
Lynn Provost, Eagle Butte, Cheyenne River, 605-964-6519
Tony Black Feather, Spokesman, Teton Sioux Nation Treaty Council,
Pine Ridge, 605-867-5938

Technical Support provided by the American Indian Law Alliance,
New Mexico; Contact: Kent Lebsock, 505-341-4230

Lunch will be provided.