From: "Ben F. Irvin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "\"Native News\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Charles Bradley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Indian Program at Ronan Continues the Fight for Justice
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 01:42:54 -0600

For over two years the Indian Education Committee has fought to keep and expand the Ronan/Pablo Indian Education program. As recently as a year ago the Indian education program was considered a model for the Northwest. Unfortunately, because of a determined and consistent attack by the all White red-necked school board and superintendent Don Livoni the program, as it was created by Indian parents, is destroyed. Ninety-five percent of all Indian employees (since October of 1998) have either been fired or resigned because of this racism.

Neither the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribal Council, nor the state of Montana seem able to stop this bigotry. I appreciate all the numerous e-mails and letters of support received. I will soon be working with the Apache tribes in Southern Arizona. The Ronan/Pablo Indian Education Committee will continue to fight for meaningful input on the education of Indian children.

All in Indian country need to  inform those in positions of influence of what racism has done in the Ronan school district; for, our efforts should not have been in vain.

                                    Deawga'wik,  Dr. Ben F. Irvin

<<<<=-=-=                                  =-=-=>>>>
"We simply chose an Indian as the emblem.
 We could have just as easily chosen any
uncivilized animal."
  Eighth Grade student writing about his school's
  mascot, 1997

<<<<=-=  http://www.tdi.net/ishgooda/racial/  =-=>>>>

IF it says:
"PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW...."
Please Check it before you send it at:

http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/blhoax.htm

<<<<=-=-=FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!!=-=-=>>>>