VANCOUVER #HONOURTHEAPOLOGY --- NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
JULY 21, 2013
http://www.idlenomore.ca/vancouver_honourtheapology_national_day_of_prayer

#HonourTheApology

This National Day of Prayer is to honour the children lost to and the adult
survivors of residential schools.

The Federal Government is currently withholding documents pertaining to the
residential schools in Canada. We are calling on the Government of Canada to
IMMEDIATELY release the documents as ordered by the Court.

In 2008 Canada apologized to residential school students - they need to honour
it.

We are asking everyone to personally ask the Government of Canada to release
these documents so that these children are honoured and their stories are heard.

Draft Itinerary for Vancouver:
11:50 - Assemble on *NEW LOCATION* Carrall Street and Powell Street in Gastown
(by Gassy Jack Statute)
12:00 - Welcoming from the x?m??k??y?m, s?l?ilw?ta??, and Sk_wx_wu?7mesh
communities.
12:10 - March to 1138 Melville Street, Vancouver, Aboriginal Affairs head office
12:45 - Arrive at AANDC
12:50 - Deliver messages
1:00 -- Press Conference
1:20 -- Event Closes.

*INVITATION:*
We are inviting everyone to create a personal request and deliver it to the
Head Office of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada in Gatineau.
We will build a shrine of our messages to be placed in front of the AANDC
building.

*IN ADDITION:*
We are inviting all attending to BRING A RED BANDANA or HEADBAND that will be
used for a special Coast Salish prayer ceremony. These headbands will be placed
at the shrine as well (so we wouldn't recommend on breaking the bank to buy
these!)

Event hosts will be providing red headbands for those from marginalized
communities and low-income families.

Here are some examples of what to include in your request:
- Pictures of a loved one
- Location of an family member's grave
- Records that have been locked after a certain year
- Prayers for all of the children that never went home
- Justice for the children that remain in care today.

We will be creating a visual representation of the personal impact from the
federal government's refusal to release the documents to the Truth and
Reconciliation Commission and demand open access to the true history of the
residential schools.

Spread the message and get involved.

WHEN
July 25, 2013 at 3pm - 4pm