On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 05:18:57PM +0200, Maurizio Martignano wrote:

> As build environment I would select your option #2, that is " Microsoft's
> compiler, using nmake from the command-line."

So, just how are you folks actually making that work?

I imagine the build process should be something roughly along these lines:

  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\SetEnv.Cmd" /Debug /x64
/win7
  ./configure --enable-symbols --with-tcl=C:/P/Tcl85/lib
--prefix=C:/web/nsd499-dtk
  nmake -f Makefile all

But Naviserver's "configure" is of course a Bourne shell script and
cannot run from the Windows command prompt.  So what should I do
instead?  Install Msys just to run configure?  Or perhaps skip
configure and just pass various options to nmake?  Is the Makefile
that ships with Naviserver even known to work on Windows with nmake
and the MS SDK compiler?

I do NOT have 64-bit zlib installed yet.  Hopefully I can build
without it, and just turn the zlib features in Naviserver?

Btw, I have ActiveTcl (which is threaded) installed in C:\P\Tcl85\, so
I figured I'd try linking against that first before compiling my own Tcl.

The stock Tcl win/README file says that they build with "Visual C++
6.0 and the TEA Makefile", but VC++ 6.0 is 32-bit only, so the
ActiveState folks must be doing something slightly different for their
64-bit builds.  Anybody know offhand what they really use or where
their 64-bit Windows build scripts are located?

--
Andrew Piskorski <a...@piskorski.com>