On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 12:00:47PM +0100, Maurizio Martignano wrote:
> Subject: Re: [naviserver-devel] more logging problems on Windows

> Dear Andrew,
>       I would like to draw your attention to the availability of Visual
> Studio 2013 Community Edition.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx

So the new thing here seems to be that with this latest version, the
free Visual Studio GUI now includes both 32 and 64 bit support.

In older versions with the 2010 and/or 2012 compilers, the GUI was
only integrated with the 32-bit compiler.  The 64-bit compilers were
ALSO free, in the separate "Windows SDK 7.1 for Windows 7" package,
but only command line, no GUI.

The 2010 compilers can build for versions of Windows as old as Windows
XP, while it looks like the VS 2013 Community Edition supports ONLY
Windows 7 and newer.  That doesn't matter to me as I'm building solely
for Windows 7 anyway, but it might to some.

If I was starting from scratch, I'd probably go with the 2013 stuff,
but I don't currently see any reason to upgrade from the older
compiler I'm currently using.

--
Andrew Piskorski <a...@piskorski.com>