Dear Russ,

Many thanks for the report.

The problem seems to occur only, when daemontools are used,
which are used probably mostly in legacy setups (the latest
release of daemontools is according to wikipedia 20 years old [1].
I was not able to reproduce a problem with the recommended
plain systemd setup [2], but nevertheless, reverting the problematic
change seems appropriate,  at least for legacy setups.

Please double-check with the newest version from bitbucket if possible

all the best

-g

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemontools
[2] https://naviserver.sourceforge.io/n/manual/files/admin-maintenance.html#subsection2