Dear David,

this is a documentation bug. What i can see by digging into old versions, the command "detach" was removed between AOLserver 3 and 4.... but survived in the documentation.

Not sure, someone has an example of a server based on ns_socket, but i have written several years ago a (partial) implementation of an ftp server based on ns_connchan (see attachment). We do not have this in active use, but maybe you can use this as a blueprint for your project.

all the best

-gn