-

Basic Doctrines of the Christian Faith -Part 1

1) The Holy Scriptures

The Holy Scriptures are the inspired Word of God, authoritative, inerrant, and God-breathed

(2Ti 3:15-17 KJV)
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures,
which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine,
 for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
 (17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

(2Pe 1:20-21 KJV)
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
 (21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:
but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

(Mat 5:17-18 KJV)
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets:
I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
{18} For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass,
 one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

(John 16:12-14 KJV)
 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
{13} Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
 for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:
 and he will show you things to come.
 {14} He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.

2) The Godhead
One Triune God exists in three Persons- Father, Son and Holy Spirit- eternal in being, identical in nature, equal in power and glory and having the same attributes and perfections

(Deu 6:4-5 KJV)
  Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
{5} And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

(2 Cor 13:14 KJV)
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God,
and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

3) The Total Depravity of Man
Man was created in the image and likeness of God but in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, became alienated from God, and is totally unable to retrieve his lost condition.

(Gen 1:26-27 KJV)