The function of the Blue alarm is that something is deteriorating and will
eventually go to Red if interaction is not taken to correct a problem. Blue
indicates that no single customer is currently out of service but warns that
they might if another failure occurs.

Example:  Circuit A fails but is automatically switched to a protection
spare.  Blue says that if Circuit B fails there will be no protection spare
since A and B share the same protection circuit.  Circuit A must be restored
to get rid of the Blue alarm.  In older systems Yellow was used for this
function.  Yellow is different in that the alarm indicates that the
particular circuitry associated with the yellow alarm is actually out of
service. In this case Circuit A would be Yellow.

2nd Example:  A bit error rate or severely errors seconds alarm could be
defined as a Blue Alarm if the degradation is not enough to be defined as
out of service.

I am looking for the official description(s) but have not yet found it.

Don
Don Robert House, SMTS
Product Certification & Regulatory Compliance
Excelsus Technologies, Inc.
2875 Loker Avenue East
Carlsbad, CA 92008-6626  USA
(760) 918-2552 Office/Lab