Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply and advice.

I have now managed to implement my table using MfD. It works fine and
I'm really pleased with it. In the beginning I was a bit daunted by
the MfD, but turns out it is really simple - hence the name I guess
:-)

I also did an alternative implementation where I read data from a file
using the iterator approach - but it seems the iterator has a bit of
an overhead. When a user does an 'snmptable' or 'snmpwalk' on the
table I can see at least twice the number of requests to read the file
than there are lines in the file. Perhaps this is expected, or (more
likely) a mistake in my implementation. Anyway iterator works too and
gives the right results, but perhaps it reads the file more times than
it has to.

One last question: is there any examples of how scalar data can be
cached? I can see the MfD takes care of caching for the tables, but
when I run mib2c with no arguments it doesn't give me the choice of
MfD for the scalar object.

Lastly, if anybody thinks that it'd be beneficial to share my
adventures with implementing tables, I can document my experience and
what I did in a step-by-step tutorial and post them here. I'm quite
good at documenting stuff - more than coding it seems :-)

Thanks once again,
--a